An ascent on Baruntse (23,390ft / 7,129m) is an adventure for climbers wishing to summit a true Nepali peak. This remote expedition into the heart of the Khumbu culminates in a relatively short climb to the summit of this majestic 7,000er. Baruntse is among some of the highest peaks of the Himalaya , including Everest, Lhotse , Makalu and Ama Dablam, and this expedition rewards you with spectacular views throughout.
After preparations in Kathmandu , we'll fly direct to Lukla and begin the trek into the Hinku Valley , enjoying Sherpa country at its finest. The hike-in provides for excellent acclimatization as we head northward through the pristine alpine environment. On the way to Baruntse BC , we will climb Mera peak 6654m, a height trekking peak in Nepal as acclimatized climbing trip.
We'll establish Base Camp just above the Five Holy Lakes "Panch Pokhari" at 5,400m and one or two higher camps on the mountain. We'll ascend the 6,100m West Col before establishing Camp 1, where the long ridge leading to the summit is clearly visible. A tricky step at around 7,000m adds further spice to the climb. The route is generally a straightforward snow and ice climb and not technically demanding. On the way back, we will trek back via Amphu Lapcha pass – Namche, which gives you an interesting experience of Everest region.
Day 1 Arrive in KTM, transfer to hotel
Day 2 City tour & necessary preparation
Day 3 Final gear sorting out & packing
Day 4 Fly Lukla 2200m. Trek to Piuyan, 2800m
Day 5 Pangom, 2800m
Day 6 Niumso, 2600m
Day 7 Strenuous trek Chetra Tenga forest camp, 3400m
Day 8 Moderately strenuous day Kothe, 3600m
Day 9 Trek to Tagnag, 4356m
Day 10 Acclimatization: Kusum Kaunguru Ridge & back to Tagnag, 4356m
Day 11 Trek Khare or Dig Kharka, 5025m
Day 12 Khare, rest & acclimatization, 5025m
Day 13 Khare, training at ice fall and checking/fitting of equipments
Day 14 Short steep walk to La and camp Mera La Camp, 5415m
Day 15 Mera la High Camp, 5800m
Day 16 Summit Mera Peak (6654m), Same day trek to Kongmo Dingma
Day 17 Hunku Valley, 5200m
Day 18 Mt Baruntse base camp (5,400m)
Day 19 to Day 32 Climbing phase and summit attempt (7,129m)
Day 33 Trek to Panch Pokhari, 5800m
Day 34 Corss Amphu passes 5845m & Trek Yak Kharka
Day 35 Trek to Chukung, 4370m
Day 36 Trek to Pangnouche, 3930m
Day 39 Trek to Namche, 3440m
Day 38 Trek to Lukla, 2800m
Day 39 Free day in KTM, Group celebration dinner.
Day 40 Fly back to home or extension of the trip
*Itinerary subject to change
• Peak royalty, national park fees and govt. taxes.
• 4 (four) nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis.
• Domestic airfares and domestic airport tax.
• Domestic cargo & excess baggages.
• Liaison officer's fee.
• One head Sardar/Guide.
• Cook(s) and necessary kitchen staff.
• Required number of porter and yaks with herder.
• All necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
• High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One climbing Sherpa per two clients).
• All food including available high altitude food for both trek and climb.
• Hot drinks (tea, Coffee, chocolate, Juice etc)
• All necessary camping and kitchen gears for both trek and climb.
• Necessary tent at BC (kitchen, toilet, dinning etc)
• Best quality high altitude tents.
• Solar panel for recharging & power supply purpose
• Oxygen with regulator set for medical purpose only.
• Gamov bag at the base camp for the medical propose
• First aid medical kit
• Walkie-talkie set with radio base.
• Satellite phone for emergency purpose
• EPI gas with burner.
• sleeping bag & down jackets on request
• Insurance of climbing Sherpa, local team members and Liaison officer.
• Arrangement of necessary official documents.
• All airport/hotel transfers. Celebration meal.
Nepal entry visa
visa extension fees.
airport departure taxes
government taxes for communication equipment;
Personal equipment (sleeping bag, down jacket, etc.);
emergency rescue charges,
if required; personal expenses (e.g. phone calls, laundry, alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, souvenirs, etc.);
main meals (lunch & dinner) ;
guide and porter tips;
any loss due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, road blockage due to
Trip duration: 40 Days
Trip Code: HNT-BARUNTSE-EXP40D
Activity: Sightseeing, trekking & Mountaineering
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Kathmandu
Accommodation: Hotel, camping
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Maximum altitude: 7129M
There is not any related packages
- Trip Duration: 60 Days
- Trip Duration: 41 Days
- Trip Duration: 30 Days
- Trip Duration: 40 Days
- Trip Duration: 60 Days
- Trip Duration: 47 Days
- Trip Duration: 45 Days
- Trip Duration: 50 Days