Getting into Nepal
You can go for overland travel to enter Nepal from both India and Tibet .
If you are in Tibet , you can enter Nepal by crossing the border at Kodari. Thereafter, take a bus to Kathmandu . This will take you 7 to 12 hours depending on the road conditions.
The easiest and hassle free overland route to Nepal from India is via Gorakhpur using train and the Sunauli/Belahiya border post. The only direct buses from this route to Kathmandu run at night and take approximately 9 hours. Raxaul/Birgung border post can also be used to visit Nepal . But this may not leave you with a pleasant travelling experience. If you are in Darjeeling you can come to Nepal via Karkabhitta. There are also several border crossings in west Nepal .
• Kathmandu is the only international airport in Nepal . There are a number of International Airlines with direct flights to Kathmandu .
• Thai Airways International operates daily flight between Bangkok and Kathmandu .
• Qatar Airways flies daily between Doha and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America .
• Gulf Air has daily flight between UAE and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America .
• Air China flies between Lhasa , with connecting flights to/from mainland China .
• Austrian Airlines flies between Vienna and Kathmandu once a week
• Indian Airlines have frequent flights between Delhi , Calcutta and Kathmandu
• Nepal Airlines fly
Between Hong Kong and Kathmandu
Between Bangkok and Kathmandu
Between Singapore and Kathmandu via Bangkok
Between Osaka and Kathmandu via Shanghai
Between Delhi and Kathmandu
Between Bombay and Kathmandu
Beside these there are Biman Bangladesh , Jet Airways, Pakistan Airlines, connecting Kathmandu with many countries
All visitors except the Indian nationals must hold passport and valid visa. Visa can be obtained at the Nepalese diplomatic missions and consulates abroad. Visa is also issued at the entry points. It can be extended at the Department of Immigration, Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu . Children under 10 years need not pay any visa fee. People willing to get entry Visa at the air port or any of the land entry points are required to fill a visa form with passport photograph. So, please download form from the link below and get ready while you are passing through the immigration Point.
Visa Fee - Gratis visa for all tourists who visit Nepal for 3 days or less. Gratis visa for tourists of SAARC countries and People's Republic of China .
Single entry - US$ 30 for 60 days
Multiple entries- US$ 50 + US$ 30
Visa will be extended subsequently for 30 days each upon payment of US$ 30 for a maximum period of 150 days in a visa year (Jan-Dec).